General KidSport Information
Our local governments have created an initiative enabling children from families who are eligible to receive a payment towards one sport a year. KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5–18 years to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project through their local government. Once an applicant is approved for KidSport by their local government, the applicant will receive an email with a Code. The applicant must present this code to the Club prior to registering for the season.
- Applicant must be aged 5 to 18 years.
- Applicant must be named on a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, with their individual Centrelink Client Reference Number (CRN) clearly displayed on the uploaded card.
- Registration must be for a KidSport approved club.
- A maximum of $150 per calendar year is available per eligible child. This can be used across multiple sports.
- KidSport must be used at point of payment, refunds will not be given for club fees that have already been paid. This means that you must be approved for KidSport and have your code when paying fees – please remember to allow enough time for your application to be processed before your child’s season starts.
- Check your child is eligible.
- Find an approved club.
- Apply online (or via hard copy application if you don’t have access to the internet) .
- Your local government or Sport and Recreation (WA) will assess the application.
- You will be sent an email with a voucher code.
- You will need to provide the voucher code to your chosen KidSport club when registering with them.
- *Note - If the club fees are above the approved KidSport voucher amount you will need to pay the difference.
- The club will validate your voucher code and invoice your local government or Sport and Recreation (WA) for payment.
- Remember, the voucher code will expire within 90 days of the approval date.
- You will be sent an email advising that you are unsuccessful.
- If you have any questions, contact your local government or Sport and Recreation (WA).
Applying online - How to guides
More Information on how to apply for Kidsport